Expanding Mindz is honored to support the House in the work that they do to assist and care for young ladies that have been abandoned and abused and left to fend for themselves on the cold, hard streets of Johannesburg. The Mission of the shelter can be read by clicking here http://expandingmindz.com/assist-us/. The staff at Expanding Mindz believe that helping others in need, is not only a responsibility of life, it is what gives meaning to life.
This Call To Action is our way of asking for assistance from both the corporate world and private individuals that are in a position to do so. As mentioned, the funding received, covers 50% of the cost to house each child, therefore the House is reliant on further assistance. Below is the current list of requirements:-
- Food and Clothing for girls between the ages of 12 and 18.
- Closed shoes and or sneakers/takkies.
- 2 Evening Dresses for 2 young ladies that matriculate this year.
- Paving Bricks between the two houses.
- For the more affluent donor – a suitable structure in the suburbs that can house 40 girls.
- Financial Aid Always Welcome! The cost to transport the girls to and from school alone, equates to R8,000 per month.
- For Corporate Companies : Riana is on a mission to find 60 companies that donate R1,000 per month to the shelter, which contributes to the companies BEE Scorecard in South Africa. Four companies are currently assisting the shelter in this way!
I do believe it was Anne Frank who said, “No one has ever become poor by giving.” This is further affirmed in the book written by Expanding Mindz Founder Belinda Snyman, Turn Your Life on… “I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.” Rabindranath Tagore reminds us that service is joy, and the joy we create in our own lives depends on how we serve each other.
With a great amount of gratitude, we thank you in advance for your assistance, support and contribution… even if this is just a prayer and directing light to the shelter – Namaste!
Below are the banking details for the House and their contact details.
Bank : Standard Bank Ellis Park – Branch 004605 – Acc. No. 002580055
NPO No : 037-622
Fundraising No : 01 1009 00 3
Exempt from Income Tax & Estate Duty
Contact Number : +27-011-027-9190 Riana Gaspar – the House Manager